Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blue Dining Room

Blue is a bathroom color. Or so I used to always think. But in a dark home with so much wood on the floors and the furniture, blues and greens make sense and look beautiful.  

I wanted a blue dining room and a red bathroom. Go figure.  

The dining room used to be olive green, with oak trim along the center. I wanted it all one color. I went with all one color- Valspar's Sauna in Satin finish to be exact.  

Check it out. 

Before in the olive green.  


See after pic:  light slightly greeny blue.  The before and after wall colors look very similar in this picture, but it looks even better in person. The area rug and the wall art look much more vibrant against the blue.  


The dining room is not finished.  I need more artwork, likely in Orange. I also need (want, whatever) another chandelier.  

Also, I have one regret. I wish that I had done Sauna in Eggshell instead of Satin.  I think Eggshell would have looked more sophisticated and not so, well, like something from a bathroom. More to come on this room. Promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment